The Associated Press
PULLMAN — A Washington State University student who fell 11 stories from Orton Hall last week is listed in satisfactory condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane.
The 22-year-old man survived the Wednesday night fall when trees broke his descent and he landed in the grass. When emergency crews arrived, he was conscious and talking.
The Spokesman-Review reported that alcohol was not a factor in the fall and police do not suspect foul play.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades