UPDATE 6:15 P.M.| The teenager, a Kittitas High School student, intentionally shot himself in the chest with a family member’s gun according to the Associated Press. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the Ellensburg Daily Record.
A teenager was shot this morning near Kittitas High School and then walked to the school for help, according to Times news partner KING-TV.
The student was shot at an unknown location near school grounds sometime before 11 a.m., the State Patrol said. The wounded student then walked to the school and was taken to a hospital. He is reportedly in stable condition, KING-TV is reporting.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
The high school and an elementary school went into lockdown as a precaution.
Troopers are looking for the shooter.