The Associated Press
Washington Transportation Department crews are hard at work trying to re-open the Cascade mountain passes that are closed by winter snow and avalanche danger.
Like last year, this was another winter of above-average snow in the Cascades
The department says crews hope to reopen the Cayuse Pass on Tuesday, the North Cascades Highway on May 10, and Chinook Pass by May 25 for Memorial Day weekend.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?