SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. (AP) — A Washington State Patrol trooper investigating a crash on Interstate 90 in Spokane Valley was injured when his car was struck by a passing vehicle.
The State Patrol said the trooper was transported to a hospital Sunday evening with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
Troopers were responding to a crash about 6:15 p.m. on eastbound I-90 when a car struck the patrol car.
The State Patrol says the driver was detained and is expected to be charged with vehicular assault.
Most Read Local Stories
- The Seattle area's five most-changed neighborhoods of the decade
- Seattle shrinking? Seattleites moved out in droves in 2020, though most didn't go far
- After fierce debate, Washington State Senate approves new tax on capital gains by one vote
- Seattle's surveillance contractor has history of illegal sales, bribery, worrying privacy advocates
- KOMO lays off employees amid national cuts at Sinclair