State Patrol troopers arrested 253 people suspected of driving while impaired over the New Year’s holiday weekend. There were 286 arrests over the same period a year earlier.
Of the 253 people arrested over the recent holiday weekend , 32 were involved in DUI collisions, according to the State Patrol.
The New Year’s holiday weekend began at 5 p.m. on Dec. 31 and ended at midnight on Jan. 2.
On Tuesday, the Washington Traffic Safety Commission reported 960 suspected drunken drivers were arrested during holiday DUI patrols from Nov. 24 through Jan. 2. in King County.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- Housing group levels empty Seattle motel, where homeless people slept, for tiny village
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 15: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Waiting for rain in the Seattle area? It's on the way; here's when