The Associated Press
SPOKANE — A woman pleaded guilty Tuesday to embezzling more than $92,000 when she managed a Spokane Valley branch of Banner Bank.
Under terms of a plea deal, 44-year-old Christine L. Johnston faces a 15-month prison term when she is sentenced in April in federal court in Spokane.
Investigators say Johnston used her position to pilfer money from a teller drawer, write phony cashier’s checks and forge checks on the accounts of elderly account holders.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- Series of small earthquakes detected in Washington and Oregon
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- NTSB 'amazed at the amount of failure' by agencies in fatal 2017 Amtrak derailment south of Tacoma
- King County's crusade against 'ICE Air' plays right into Trump's hands | Danny Westneat
The Spokesman-Review reports Johnston was caught in September 2013 after an audit.