The Associated Press
SPOKANE — A woman pleaded guilty Tuesday to embezzling more than $92,000 when she managed a Spokane Valley branch of Banner Bank.
Under terms of a plea deal, 44-year-old Christine L. Johnston faces a 15-month prison term when she is sentenced in April in federal court in Spokane.
Investigators say Johnston used her position to pilfer money from a teller drawer, write phony cashier’s checks and forge checks on the accounts of elderly account holders.
Most Read Local Stories
- Dump truck crashes into Subway sandwich shop in Seattle's Pioneer Square, 5 injured VIEW
- In blue Seattle, Trump supporters are starting to come out of hiding | Danny Westneat
- Scorned customer throws sign through window at Beth's Cafe in Seattle
- No new bottom line in Everett’s bikini barista brouhaha
- Parking garage in Seattle’s Pioneer Square named ‘coolest’ place to park in the nation
The Spokesman-Review reports Johnston was caught in September 2013 after an audit.