The Associated Press
SPOKANE — A woman pleaded guilty Tuesday to embezzling more than $92,000 when she managed a Spokane Valley branch of Banner Bank.
Under terms of a plea deal, 44-year-old Christine L. Johnston faces a 15-month prison term when she is sentenced in April in federal court in Spokane.
Investigators say Johnston used her position to pilfer money from a teller drawer, write phony cashier’s checks and forge checks on the accounts of elderly account holders.
Most Read Local Stories
- More wildfire smoke heads into Puget Sound region before rain starts to clear the air
- Wildfire news updates, September 17: What to know today about the destructive fires in Washington state and on the West Coast
- Seattle is in smoke. What's happening to the birds? VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 17: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Woman killed in Cal Anderson Park, man found dead after refusing to leave city building, police say
The Spokesman-Review reports Johnston was caught in September 2013 after an audit.