The Spokane County Sheriff's Office says a woman and a 4-year-old child have died in a fire that started in an RV trailer early Tuesday.
CHATTAROY, Wash. (AP) — The Spokane County Sheriff’s Office says a woman and a 4-year-old child have died in a fire that started in an RV trailer early Tuesday.
KREM-TV in Spokane reports that a dog also died in the blaze.
Deputies responded to a call of a brush fire shortly before 4:00 a.m. Crews said the situation was under control around 5:30 a.m. but still asked people to avoid the area. It’s unknown yet what caused the fire.
Authorities say there is no indication of foul play.
Most Read Local Stories
- Third La Niña winter might be headed for Seattle
- In race for Herrera Beutler's seat, Marie Gluesenkamp Perez focuses on Democratic and Republican voters
- Seattle's rising Kia car thefts linked to TikTok videos, police say
- These areas of WA are likely to get hotter — but people keep moving there
- Woman killed by Seattle light-rail train stumbled and fell, police say