A person familiar with the move says Tennessee defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox and linebackers coach Peter Sirmon have accepted jobs on Steve Sarkisian's staff.
A person familiar with the move says Tennessee defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox and linebackers coach Peter Sirmon have accepted jobs on Washington coach Steve Sarkisian’s staff.
ESPN, citing anonymous sources, first reported the moves, which come two days after Sarkisian fired defensive coordinator Nick Holt, linebackers coach Mike Cox and safeties coach Jeff Mills. On Thursday, Washington gave up 777 total yards and 67 points against Baylor in the Alamo Bowl.
A person familiar with situation told The Associated Press that Wlcox and Sirmon are leaving on condition of anonymity because the moves have not been announced by either school.
Wilcox is expected to serve as the Huskies’ defensive coordinator. He has spent the past two seasons as Tennessee’s defensive coordinator, while Sirmon joined the staff for the 2011 season.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends