Snow fell in some Eastside communities and south of there this morning, with accumulations of at least an inch. Even downtown Seattle saw a few flakes briefly
The snow level was expected to fall to 500 feet, the Weather Service said in its overnight forecast, but it clearly dropped lower.
We’re in for rain and snow showers and possibly thunder showers today, according to the Weather Service.
The rain and snow showers are expected to turn to only rain around 11am. And, some thunder is also possible.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska
The high is forecast to be about 44 degrees today.
Showers tonight, clouds, too, and rain tomorrow. More rain Thursday, but the temperature could climb to 51 degrees, says the Weather Service.