The Associated Press
MOUNT RAINIER — The Washington Transportation Department says a scenic drive through Mount Rainier National Park reopens Tuesday with the noon lifting of the gates to Cayuse Pass on the east side of the mountain.
The department says crews are still clearing snow from nearby Chinook Pass, but hope to have it open in time for Memorial Day Weekend.
Road crews are closer to reopening the North Cascades Highway. The department says that may happen Thursday or Friday.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
All three mountain pass highways are closed each winter by snow and avalanche danger.