UPDATE: Eastbound I-90 across Snoqualmie Pass is scheduled to close at 3:30 a.m. Thursday for avalanche-control work. The length of the closure is not known. The highway was closed in both directions for about 20 minutes starting at 11 p.m. Wednesday.
This is in addition to avalanche-control closures on Stevens Pass.
Drivers on Highway 2 across Stevens Pass are advised to expect a 20-minute delay for avalanche-control work between 3 and 6 a.m. Thursday. Borders of the anticipated closure are mile posts 56 and 70.
Snowfall, heavy at times, was continuing in the mountains Wednesday evening. Traction tires were required on Stevens Pass and advised on Snoqualmie Pass.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
For updated pass condition from WSDOT, click here.