A Snohomish County sheriff's deputy has been charged with burglary after a stove and other items were taken from a vacation property near Skykomish in May.
A Snohomish County sheriff’s deputy has been charged with burglary after a stove and other items were taken from a vacation property near Skykomish in May.
The Everett Herald reports (http://bit.ly/XcmA8W) that earlier this month 43-year-old deputy James E. Hager was charged in King County Superior Court with second-degree burglary, third-degree theft and third-degree malicious mischief.
King County prosecutor’s office Dan Donohoe says Hager pleaded not guilty Nov. 15.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton says Hager was placed on paid administrative leave immediately after the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office learned about the allegations in May.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
Hager has been with the sheriff’s office for six years. He remains on leave pending resolution of the criminal case. The sheriff’s office also has begun an internal investigation.