The Associated Press
YAKIMA — Police say a Yakima convenience store clerk wasn’t intimidated by a man who walked in with a gun and tried to take cash out of the register.
She thought the gun looked like a toy, and it didn’t sound or smell like a real shot when he fired into the ceiling.
So, she tackled the man Thursday night and fought him out the door of the 8th Street Market.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
Yakima police say the man got away, but he didn’t get anything.
The clerk was treated for cuts and scrapes to her head.