A man in his 30s died at the scene.
A man in his 30s riding a skateboard was struck and killed by a car Saturday morning in Burien.
The skateboarder was eastbound on Southwest 138th Street just before 7 a.m. and headed downhill, according to Sgt. Cindi West, King County Sheriff’s Office media relations officer. At First Avenue South, the skateboarder rode into the path of a northbound car.
The driver swerved, but hit the skateboarder, who died at the scene.
There is no evidence that either the victim or the driver of the car were affected by drugs or alcohol, West said in an email.
Most Read Local Stories
- Fire ravages Bellevue mosque — for second time
- Illegal ‘gingerbread house’ in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie Forest stocked with food, bedding — and child porn
- Bedbugs, moldy food, skipped background checks: Feds slam Washington foster-care group homes after surprise visits
- Upward mobility is especially tough for black boys in U.S. Here’s why. | Jerry Large
- Brake lines cut on some Seattle bike-share bikes