A man in his 30s died at the scene.
A man in his 30s riding a skateboard was struck and killed by a car Saturday morning in Burien.
The skateboarder was eastbound on Southwest 138th Street just before 7 a.m. and headed downhill, according to Sgt. Cindi West, King County Sheriff’s Office media relations officer. At First Avenue South, the skateboarder rode into the path of a northbound car.
The driver swerved, but hit the skateboarder, who died at the scene.
There is no evidence that either the victim or the driver of the car were affected by drugs or alcohol, West said in an email.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018