A man in his 30s died at the scene.
A man in his 30s riding a skateboard was struck and killed by a car Saturday morning in Burien.
The skateboarder was eastbound on Southwest 138th Street just before 7 a.m. and headed downhill, according to Sgt. Cindi West, King County Sheriff’s Office media relations officer. At First Avenue South, the skateboarder rode into the path of a northbound car.
The driver swerved, but hit the skateboarder, who died at the scene.
There is no evidence that either the victim or the driver of the car were affected by drugs or alcohol, West said in an email.
Most Read Stories
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- Alaska Airlines to begin flights to 8 West Coast cities from Everett's Paine Field this fall
- Is Seattle’s homeless crisis the worst in the country?
- Analysis | 5 thoughts on the Seahawks' hirings of Brian Schottenheimer, Ken Norton Jr., and Mike Solari
- Former Washington governor, King County executive John Spellman dies