A man in his 30s died at the scene.
A man in his 30s riding a skateboard was struck and killed by a car Saturday morning in Burien.
The skateboarder was eastbound on Southwest 138th Street just before 7 a.m. and headed downhill, according to Sgt. Cindi West, King County Sheriff’s Office media relations officer. At First Avenue South, the skateboarder rode into the path of a northbound car.
The driver swerved, but hit the skateboarder, who died at the scene.
There is no evidence that either the victim or the driver of the car were affected by drugs or alcohol, West said in an email.
Most Read Local Stories
- A $21,634 bill? How a homeless woman fought her way out of tow-company hell | Danny Westneat
- One of the brightest meteor showers of the year will soon be visible from Seattle. Here's when to watch
- Washington state to pay $28 million to woman paralyzed in I-5 crash in Pierce County
- Report: Washington foster kids sent to Iowa were abused in facility run 'like a correctional institution'
- Women accuse leaders of Seattle's Mount Zion church of bullying