A man in his 30s died at the scene.
A man in his 30s riding a skateboard was struck and killed by a car Saturday morning in Burien.
The skateboarder was eastbound on Southwest 138th Street just before 7 a.m. and headed downhill, according to Sgt. Cindi West, King County Sheriff’s Office media relations officer. At First Avenue South, the skateboarder rode into the path of a northbound car.
The driver swerved, but hit the skateboarder, who died at the scene.
There is no evidence that either the victim or the driver of the car were affected by drugs or alcohol, West said in an email.
Most Read Local Stories
- Emboldened by Trump, Proud Boys’ confrontations raise concerns in the Northwest
- Ex-teaching assistant charged with raping child at Seattle school kept job despite trouble-plagued employment
- Three dead in rollover on I-5, including child, grandparents
- 'This would have been an unsurvivable event': When a glacier crumbles on Mount Rainier WATCH
- Another ‘Manhattan moment’: Seattle’s new $19,265-a-month apartment | Danny Westneat