A man in his 30s died at the scene.
A man in his 30s riding a skateboard was struck and killed by a car Saturday morning in Burien.
The skateboarder was eastbound on Southwest 138th Street just before 7 a.m. and headed downhill, according to Sgt. Cindi West, King County Sheriff’s Office media relations officer. At First Avenue South, the skateboarder rode into the path of a northbound car.
The driver swerved, but hit the skateboarder, who died at the scene.
There is no evidence that either the victim or the driver of the car were affected by drugs or alcohol, West said in an email.
Most Read Local Stories
- These areas of WA are likely to get hotter — but people keep moving there
- Seattle heats up this week, but it'll be 'nothing like we saw in July'
- Third La Niña winter might be headed for Seattle
- Woman killed by Seattle light-rail train stumbled and fell, police say
- Woman killed by light-rail train at Mount Baker Station