A northbound car driven by a Seattle man in the southbound lanes of Interstate 5 near I-405 hit a car full of teenagers head-on at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday, an official said.
No one was killed, but the driver and the other car’s five occupants were all transported to hospitals with various injuries. Police said both drivers may have been driving under the influence, according to Julie Startup, a trooper.
The Washington State Patrol first got a call about an erratic driver on I-5; the driver then apparently made a U-turn and began driving the wrong way on the highway.
The five occupants of the other car were ages 16 and 17.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle to help buy three new apartment buildings to house people facing homelessness