PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) — A Washington man has been sentenced to 340 years in prison for charges that included torturing and threatening to kill a woman working as a prostitute.
The Kitsap Sun reports 30-year-old Jeremy Fenney was sentenced Monday after a jury convicted him last month of 44 separate charges.
A jury convicted Fenney of human trafficking, rape, assault and kidnapping. Jurors did not convict Fenney of one count of attempted murder.
Fenney was also convicted of raping a different woman who lived with him. Certain aggravators and special enhancements for committing the crimes with a firearm accounted for the lengthy sentence.
Most Read Local Stories
- Fentanyl smoke delays Seattle light-rail train, officials say
- Portland, 'repelling its current citizens,' is Seattle's cautionary tale
- Catholic health care restrictions lead WA Legislature to eye changes
- Seattle City Council turnover raises troubling questions
- Rescuers scramble in Turkey, Syria after quake kills 4,000
Fenney apologized in court to his family and the woman he was convicted of torturing.
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/