There was gunfire in downtown Seattle last night, but it doesn’t appear anyone was injured.
An officer heard the shots at Second Avenue and Stewart Street just before 8:00 pm and then saw a car driving away, according to Seattle police.
The officer sent out information about the vehicle and other officers responded to the area. It wasn’t long before a car matching the description of the car seen driving from the scene of the gunfire was spotted and pulled over at Second Avenue and Columbia Street. People in the car were detained by police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
A second car following that car also was stopped and those inside were detained, police said.
All of them were questioned by officers and Gang Unit detectives. Afterward, everyone was released.
Officers recovered shell casings from the shooting scene.