Shots were fired into a crowd at Whale Tail Park near Alki Beach in West Seattle around 9:15 p.m., according to the Seattle Police Department Twitter account.
No victims were located but one shot did go through a house window, according to the Seattle Police Department. At least one suspect has been detained, they said.
Another female who a witness says fired several shots into a crowd is being sought according to The West Seattle Blog. The blog also says baseball bats maybe have been used in the fight.
Police noted on scanner traffic that four suspects leaving the scene in a two-door Tahoe/Blazer and a dark green Lincoln Navigator with bright silver rims. Later the Navigator circled the area near Alki Avenue Southwest and 59th Avenue Southwest “staring down” officers in the area.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022