A Shoreline woman was raped and robbed Saturday night when she returned home from work, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
A man attacked the woman about 10:30 p.m. as she walked toward her garage in near Northeast 165th Street and Third Avenue Northeast, the sheriff’s office said.
The sheriff’s office said the woman toldauthorities the attack occurred after she arrived home, pulled her car into her driveway and opened her garage door. As she walked toward the garage, the attacker called out to her and approached, she reported.
The attacker struck the woman with a handgun, then took her into the garage and sexually assaulted her, the sheriff’s office said. He took her purse and other personal items before fleeing when another man in a car parked nearby yelled that someone was coming, according to the sheriff’s office.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
The attacker was described as a black male, 30 to 40 years old, 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 9 inches, with medium build, short hair and a slight mustache. The woman reported he had a distinctive Jamaican accent, slightly yellow teeth and smelled of alcohol.He was wearing a black leather jacket with some sort of emblem on the left breast, she said.
The vehicle is described as an older, olive-green four-door with black stripes down the side, possibly body molding.
Anyone with information was asked to call the sheriff’s Special Assault Unit at 206- 296-7557 or the Communications Center 206-296-3311.