The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office called it "an unfortunate accident," and said the father would not face charges.
CHIMICUM, Jefferson County— Authorities say a 2½-year-old boy was flown to a Seattle hospital after his father accidentally ran over him in Chimacum, south of Port Townsend.
The Peninsula Daily News reports the boy was run over by the tires of a Chevrolet Silverado as his father was maneuvering it on the boy’s grandmother’s property on Sunday morning.
Jefferson County sheriff’s Sgt. Mark Apeland says the boy suffered serious injuries when he walked in front of the truck without his father noticing and a front wheel of the vehicle ran over him.
He said after the accident the father drove his son to the school, where he was picked up and flown to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- The professor, the cop and the student: A tale of sex and deception in San Juan County
- Is this the future of Seattle transit? A look at Vancouver, B.C. — a city that figured it out years ago
- 'Offended' Seattle U professor admits taking copies of student newspaper after it published photo of performer in drag
- WSDOT apologizes for 'inappropriate message' on traffic sign
- Man claims to be soldier about to be deployed, steals $100K diamond from Bellevue store
Apeland called it “an unfortunate accident,” and said the father would not face charges.