The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office called it "an unfortunate accident," and said the father would not face charges.
CHIMICUM, Jefferson County— Authorities say a 2½-year-old boy was flown to a Seattle hospital after his father accidentally ran over him in Chimacum, south of Port Townsend.
The Peninsula Daily News reports the boy was run over by the tires of a Chevrolet Silverado as his father was maneuvering it on the boy’s grandmother’s property on Sunday morning.
Jefferson County sheriff’s Sgt. Mark Apeland says the boy suffered serious injuries when he walked in front of the truck without his father noticing and a front wheel of the vehicle ran over him.
He said after the accident the father drove his son to the school, where he was picked up and flown to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- Series of small earthquakes detected in Washington and Oregon
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- Audit finds $413,000 from obscure Washington tax district went to commissioner's bank account
- King County's crusade against 'ICE Air' plays right into Trump's hands | Danny Westneat
Apeland called it “an unfortunate accident,” and said the father would not face charges.