The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office called it "an unfortunate accident," and said the father would not face charges.
CHIMICUM, Jefferson County— Authorities say a 2½-year-old boy was flown to a Seattle hospital after his father accidentally ran over him in Chimacum, south of Port Townsend.
The Peninsula Daily News reports the boy was run over by the tires of a Chevrolet Silverado as his father was maneuvering it on the boy’s grandmother’s property on Sunday morning.
Jefferson County sheriff’s Sgt. Mark Apeland says the boy suffered serious injuries when he walked in front of the truck without his father noticing and a front wheel of the vehicle ran over him.
He said after the accident the father drove his son to the school, where he was picked up and flown to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- The time Seattle neighbors sued Howard Schultz and Kurt Cobain's estate over a driveway in a park
- Seattle upzones 27 neighborhood hubs, passes affordable-housing requirements
- Why are people in Seattle homeless?
- 'We lost one of our finest': Kittitas County deputy shot dead Tuesday night was father of three
- No, CBD-infused jelly beans won't get you high. Here's why.
Apeland called it “an unfortunate accident,” and said the father would not face charges.