The Associated Press
The man suspected of trying to pull a 12-year-old girl into a wooded area in Arlington is a sex offender who was living in a half-way house.
The girl kicked the man in the groin Sunday and ran away. She identified the sex offender in photos that she was shown by police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle to help buy three new apartment buildings to house people facing homelessness
Fredrick A. Thurmond was jailed Monday in Everett for investigation of kidnapping and assault. The Daily Herald reports he appeared in district court Tuesday and was ordered held on $500,000 bail.
The 24-year-old was convicted in 2003 of child rape in King County. He also was charged with raping a girl in 2006 in Everett, but the charge was dismissed when she wouldn’t cooperate with prosecutors.