Republican U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is in Washington state to raise money for his presidential bid.
BELLEVUE, Wash. (AP) — Republican U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is in Washington state to raise money for his presidential bid.
KING-TV reportsthat Rubio is scheduled to be in Bellevue Monday night at a private fundraiser held at investment firm Steelhead Partners, with tickets starting at $1,000 per person for the general reception. The station reports that tickets are $2,700 per person for the hosted roundtable.
The fundraiser is closed to the press. Rubio did not have any scheduled public events while he was in the state.
Attorney Dan Brady, former executive director of the Washington State Republican Party, has been named Rubio’s state chairman, according to the campaign.
Most Read Local Stories
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes primary defeat to Trump-endorsed challenger Joe Kent
- Seattle area cooldown could mean lightning, thunderstorms
- Trump-backed challenger Joe Kent surpasses U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, leaving her on edge of primary defeat
- After a bit more heat, petrichor — a Seattle favorite — may be on the way
- Redmond man dies in kayaking accident on Wenatchee River