Seattle’s Tom Douglas has just won the 2012 Outstanding Restaurateur in the country from the James Beard Foundation — one of the most prestigious honors in the industry.
This was the third James Beard honor for Douglas who also won best Northwest Chef in 1994 and best cookbook in 2001 for “Seattle Kitchen”
His latest Beard honor, announced in New York City tonight, is his biggest get yet. It’s given to a restaurateur “who sets high national standards in restaurant operations and entrepreneurship.”
Douglas owns 13 restaurants and shops in Belltown and South Lake Union, and has written three cookbooks. He has also been involved with a dozen other food and philanthropic projects in the Seattle area.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
For a complete list of winners go here.
[do action=”brightcove-video” videoid=”1626846785001″/]