The Seattle Times welcomes Seattle Globalist to its local online news partner network. That brings the total number of online partners to 50. Find out more about the online news network here, and see headlines from partners here.
The folks at Seattle Globalist sent this description of their website: “The Seattle Globalist is a ‘hyperglobal’ blog celebrating our region’s international community and its many connections to the rest of the world. The Globalist offers an unexpected take on international travel, culture, development and Seattle’s global-local connections.”
The Times’ effort to build community-news relationships began in August 2009. In 2010, this project helped The Times win the fourth annual Associated Press Managing Editors’ Innovator of the Year award.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
By partnering with these quality local sites, the Times can provide its readers with more links to important coverage about both neighborhoods and general interest topics. In return, the partners receive increased traffic and exposure.
Print subscribers may have noticed the launch last Sunday of a page in the Local News section of the printed newspaper dedicated to news items from the online local news network.