In an effort to provide readers with the most comprehensive and up-to-date news from throughout the region, The Seattle Times has forged partnerships with a number of local news Web sites.
The Seattle Times is expanding its partnerships with the addition of three new Web sites today. That brings the total number of online partners to 40. (See the complete list, along with their latest headlines.)
Partnering with The Times today are:
- Inside Bainbridge is the home-grown web source for news, events and information of interest to Bainbridge Island residents, businesses, neighbors, friends and visitors. It offers an online local events calendar, business directory, and up-to-date weather forecast, ferry schedules, ferry lot cams, tide chart, map and live energy-use dashboard—all accessible from their home page. Co-founded and published by Julie Hall and Sarah Lane, Inside Bainbridge covers the unique experiences and resources that a vibrant “rurban” community offers.
- My Everett News is a daily blog featuring news and information about Everett, WA. It’s written and edited by Leland Dart, a life-long resident of Everett who spent more than 15 years as a radio personality and news reporter in Everett and Snohomish County before starting MyEverettNews.com in January 2011. This blog covers breaking news, decisions by the Everett City Council and Administration that affect people living or working in Everett and local business news. It also covers happenings at Comcast Arena Everett, the Port of Everett and Paine Field.
- Seattle’s Child was founded in 1979, the first local parenting publication of its kind. It provides moms and dads with valuable information about Puget Sound area people, places and resources to help them thrive as parents. Look to Seattle’s Child for ideas of fun activities with the kids, the best events, parent reviews and features about parenting your Seattle Child. Ruth Schubert is the Managing Editor, and Ann Bergman is the Publisher and Founder of Seattle’s Child.
The Times’ effort to build community-news relationships began in August 2009 with the launch of the Networked Journalism project. In 2010, this project helped The Times win the fourth annual Associated Press Managing Editors’ Innovator of the Year award.
By partnering with these quality local sites, the Times can provide its readers with more links to important coverage about both neighborhoods and general interest topics. In return, the partners receive increased traffic and exposure.
Most Read Local Stories
- Meet Loren Culp, the Republican gubernatorial candidate who wants to unseat Jay Inslee
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 20: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Researchers attach cameras to Pacific Northwest orcas, revealing a marvelous underwater world WATCH
- Investigation into Manuel Ellis' killing by Tacoma police flawed from the start WATCH
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 19: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world