The Postal Service will offer late hours at three post offices Tuesday, the extended deadline for filing 2011 tax returns. Tax-return postmarks will be available until midnight at Riverton Station in Seattle, Tacoma Mail Processing Center and Everett Mail Processing Facility.
The Postal Service will offer late hours at three Puget Sound-area post offices Tuesday, the extended deadline for filing 2011 tax returns.
Tax-return postmarks will be available until midnight at these locations:
• Riverton Station, 15250 32nd Ave. S., Seattle
• Tacoma Mail Processing Center, 4001 S. Pine St. (The collection box is on South 42nd Street on the south side of the building.)
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Housing group levels empty Seattle motel, where homeless people slept, for tiny village
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 15: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
• Everett Mail Processing Facility, 8120 Hardeson Road
The Postal Service suggests people attach enough postage for the weight of the tax return. A 45-cent stamp covers the first ounce. Each additional ounce requires an additional 20 cents.