After deleting a Facebook post that read “The hatred of law enforcement by a minority movement is disgusting,” the Seattle Police Officers’ Guild appears to have deleted its Facebook and Twitter accounts altogether.
The Seattle Police Officers’ Guild has deleted its Facebook and Twitter accounts following heavy criticism of a Facebook post about the Dallas police shootings last week.
The post read, in part, “The hatred of law enforcement by a minority movement is disgusting. … #Weshallovercome.” Detective Ron Smith, president of the guild, said the post was deleted because it had been taken out of context.
The post was a response to the shooting deaths of five police officers in Dallas last Thursday.
Smith was not immediately available for comment Monday.
Most Read Local Stories
- Leaked emails show Washington state Rep. Matt Shea endorsed training children to fight in holy war
- In blue Seattle, Trump supporters are starting to come out of hiding | Danny Westneat
- Will Seattle finish summer without a big heat wave?
- Weekend maintenance, construction work will impact traffic on I-405, I-90, I-5 and Highway 99
- 'Those were the darkest days': How key budget cuts fueled Washington's opioid crisis