After deleting a Facebook post that read “The hatred of law enforcement by a minority movement is disgusting,” the Seattle Police Officers’ Guild appears to have deleted its Facebook and Twitter accounts altogether.
The Seattle Police Officers’ Guild has deleted its Facebook and Twitter accounts following heavy criticism of a Facebook post about the Dallas police shootings last week.
The post read, in part, “The hatred of law enforcement by a minority movement is disgusting. … #Weshallovercome.” Detective Ron Smith, president of the guild, said the post was deleted because it had been taken out of context.
The post was a response to the shooting deaths of five police officers in Dallas last Thursday.
Smith was not immediately available for comment Monday.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 3: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- After protests near her home, Seattle police chief asks City Council for intervention; activists dispute claims of ‘illegal behavior’
- Seattle City Council members propose police layoffs but say they can't defund by 50% right away VIEW
- Washington State Ferries grapples with mask requirements for passengers VIEW
- 6 King County beaches closed because of high bacteria levels