A 30-year-old man was stabbed Thursday evening at Cal Anderson Park on Seattle’s Capitol Hill, and a woman in her 20s was arrested and booked into King County Jail for investigation of assault, according to Police Detective Jeff Kappel.
Writing on the Seattle Police Department blog, SPD Blotter, Kappel said officers responding to 911 calls just after 6 p.m. were confronted with a hostile crowd, and medics had trouble getting into the park to treat the stabbing victim.
More officers were summoned to help the medics get access to the victim and secure the scene, he said.
The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, Kappel wrote.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration