Officer lost control of the vehicle while responding to reports of shots fired.
The Seattle Police Department said one of its patrol cars crashed through a fence and onto railroad tracks in the SoDo neighborhood early Sunday.
The officer driving the car was one of several responding to reports of shots fired in the 500 block of Royal Brougham Way near the Greyhound bus station, according the department’s blotter.
The officer lost control of the vehicle in the 3300 block of Airport Way South at about 5:45 a.m., and careened through a fence onto the track. The driver was treated for minor injuries at Harborview Medical Center.
Officers were unable to find any signs of shots fired in the area.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 4: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Seattle-area protests: Protesters remain on Capitol Hill on seventh day of action after George Floyd's killing
- Seattle-area protests: March during sixth day of action after George Floyd's killing draws massive crowd around City Hall
- ‘Can’t breathe’: Tacoma police restraint of Manuel Ellis caused his death, medical examiner reports
- After months of pleading for social distancing, health officials support Seattle protests. Black Lives Matter calls them 'too dangerous.'