On Wednesday afternoon — a week after an accidental shooting at an elementary school in Bremerton — an unloaded gun was found in an eighth-grader’s backpack at a Seattle middle school.
Security found the gun Wednesday afternoon after a fellow student heard rumors that a 13-year-old classmate at Aki Kurose Middle School Academy had brought it on campus.
That student tipped off her teacher, said Lesley Rogers, a spokeswoman for Seattle Public Schools.
Seattle police interviewed the boy but provided no more information about the incident Wednesday night.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration