The Seattle Maritime Festival is underway today on the Seattle waterfront, with competitions and demonstrations that highlight different aspects of the maritime industry.
Four free harbor tours by Argosy can accommodate 250 people each. Tickets are handed out starting at 10:15 for the 11 a.m. tour, at the festival information booth at Pier 66. The other tours happen in the afternoon at 12:45, 2:30, and 4:15. Make sure you go to the booth as early as possible before the tour time. There’s a limit to four tickets per adult.
There are also ongoing vessel tours, free wooden-boat building for kids, and an afternoon worth of shows on the waterfront. At noon, fire boats will be on display, followed by the tugboat ballet at 12:10 p.m. and the Abandon Ship Demonstration at 12:20 p.m. The Coast Guard will demonstrate a sea/air helicopter rescue at 12:50 p.m. and a workboat parade will take place at 1:15 p.m. Tugboat races start at 2 p.m.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
And don’t forget sunscreen.
For a complete schedule, visit the website here.