A 33-year-old Seattle man died Thursday morning in Oregon when his 1994 Ferrari 348 coupe collided with a 2011 Ford Edge.
In a news release, Oregon State Police say Gabriel Pigotti was approaching an intersection when his vehicle collided with the Ford, which was making a left turn. He was extricated from the Ferrari by fire personnel and taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead two hours later.
The driver of the Ford, Peter MacNab, 90, of Wasco, was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, OSP said. Both drivers were wearing safety restraints.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Rain will stick around this week in the Seattle area, with a chance for thunderstorms
Investigation into the crash is ongoing. Witnesses told investigators that speed may have been a factor.