UPDATE 9:00 P.M.| City Light says power has been restored to all 1,500 University District customers. They also found that an electrical fire in an underground vault near the University of Washington was the source of the outage.
City Light is reporting there may have been an explosion at a vault near 15th Avenue NE and NE Pacific Street, causing the outage.
Crews are responding. A preliminary estimate of restoration time is within the hour for most customers. A small portion of the University of Washington may be out until approximately 1 a.m.
Customers can get outage information online at www.seattle.gov/light/sysstat.
Seattle City Light is reporting a power outage affecting some 1,181 customers in the University District.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
- Seattle City Council approves $700 million renovation of KeyArena
- Helicopter rescues trail horse in Central Washington, but injuries were too severe WATCH
- Seattle City Council gives preliminary approval for University of Washington's massive growth plan
- Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan unveils $5.9 billion budget proposal
The outage was reported at 6:23 p.m.