UPDATE 9:00 P.M.| City Light says power has been restored to all 1,500 University District customers. They also found that an electrical fire in an underground vault near the University of Washington was the source of the outage.
City Light is reporting there may have been an explosion at a vault near 15th Avenue NE and NE Pacific Street, causing the outage.
Crews are responding. A preliminary estimate of restoration time is within the hour for most customers. A small portion of the University of Washington may be out until approximately 1 a.m.
Customers can get outage information online at www.seattle.gov/light/sysstat.
Seattle City Light is reporting a power outage affecting some 1,181 customers in the University District.
Most Read Local Stories
- Talk about a ‘superload’! Check out what just crawled along Washington highways WATCH
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- Seattle could push UW to slash car commutes, build staff housing as part of high-rise growth plan
- Stray bullet kills woman inside Burien office; drive-by shooting suspects at large
- When will we be done paying for the sports stadiums? We finally have the real answer | Danny Westneat
The outage was reported at 6:23 p.m.