UPDATE 9:00 P.M.| City Light says power has been restored to all 1,500 University District customers. They also found that an electrical fire in an underground vault near the University of Washington was the source of the outage.
City Light is reporting there may have been an explosion at a vault near 15th Avenue NE and NE Pacific Street, causing the outage.
Crews are responding. A preliminary estimate of restoration time is within the hour for most customers. A small portion of the University of Washington may be out until approximately 1 a.m.
Customers can get outage information online at www.seattle.gov/light/sysstat.
Seattle City Light is reporting a power outage affecting some 1,181 customers in the University District.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Lawsuit alleges Arlington police 'radically escalated' encounter with distraught girl, 17, before shooting her
The outage was reported at 6:23 p.m.