UPDATE 9:00 P.M.| City Light says power has been restored to all 1,500 University District customers. They also found that an electrical fire in an underground vault near the University of Washington was the source of the outage.
City Light is reporting there may have been an explosion at a vault near 15th Avenue NE and NE Pacific Street, causing the outage.
Crews are responding. A preliminary estimate of restoration time is within the hour for most customers. A small portion of the University of Washington may be out until approximately 1 a.m.
Customers can get outage information online at www.seattle.gov/light/sysstat.
Seattle City Light is reporting a power outage affecting some 1,181 customers in the University District.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- Puget Sound orcas are in town, chasing chum and wowing ferry riders WATCH
- Lynnwood man who raped dying woman gets less than 3 years in prison
- Auburn man sentenced to prison for racially motivated baseball-bat attack VIEW
- Recounts likely in a handful of Washington state legislative races
The outage was reported at 6:23 p.m.