The Associated Press
SEASIDE, Ore. — Authorities in Seaside say a man living in the home where a 2-year-old girl died of blunt force trauma has been charged with aggravated murder.
Police Chief Dave Ham said 26-year-old Randy Lee Roden of Seaside was living with the mother of Evangelina Wing.
Ham said the 24-year-old mother, Dorothy Wing, has not been charged.
Most Read Local Stories
- Proud Boys rally on Saturday raises concerns of more violence in Portland
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Seattle's median household income soars past $100,000 — but wealth doesn't reach all
- Another baby orca born to J pod — the second this month
- Sheriff's Office to investigate after Seattle police officer walks his bike over protester's head WATCH
Police say her two sons, ages 5 and 2, are hospitalized with injuries that haven’t been publicly described. They have been put in state custody.
Emergency personnel who were called to the home about 5:30 a.m. Saturday found the girl dead.
Ham said Roden has been in jail since Saturday on what Ham described as an unrelated post-prison detainer. Roden is to be arraigned Wednesday. The charge could carry the death penalty.