The Associated Press
SEASIDE, Ore. — Authorities in Seaside say a man living in the home where a 2-year-old girl died of blunt force trauma has been charged with aggravated murder.
Police Chief Dave Ham said 26-year-old Randy Lee Roden of Seaside was living with the mother of Evangelina Wing.
Ham said the 24-year-old mother, Dorothy Wing, has not been charged.
Most Read Local Stories
- Grand jury charges witness with lying about suspect in 2001 slaying of federal prosecutor Thomas Wales
- In blue Seattle, Trump supporters are starting to come out of hiding | Danny Westneat
- Dump truck crashes into Subway sandwich shop in Seattle's Pioneer Square, 5 injured VIEW
- No new bottom line in Everett’s bikini barista brouhaha
- Seattle weather this week has it all: hot and sunny, cool and rainy, and back again. Here's what to expect.
Police say her two sons, ages 5 and 2, are hospitalized with injuries that haven’t been publicly described. They have been put in state custody.
Emergency personnel who were called to the home about 5:30 a.m. Saturday found the girl dead.
Ham said Roden has been in jail since Saturday on what Ham described as an unrelated post-prison detainer. Roden is to be arraigned Wednesday. The charge could carry the death penalty.