The Associated Press
SEASIDE, Ore. — Authorities in Seaside say a man living in the home where a 2-year-old girl died of blunt force trauma has been charged with aggravated murder.
Police Chief Dave Ham said 26-year-old Randy Lee Roden of Seaside was living with the mother of Evangelina Wing.
Ham said the 24-year-old mother, Dorothy Wing, has not been charged.
Most Read Local Stories
- 4 Washington state electors decided not to vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016. They were fined $1,000, went to court and lost.
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- How to avoid falling victim to scam calls WATCH
- Big-city growth slows across U.S. — but Seattle still ranks No. 2 in 2018 | FYI Guy
- A glimpse of Washington state's first highway from Seattle through the Cascades VIEW
Police say her two sons, ages 5 and 2, are hospitalized with injuries that haven’t been publicly described. They have been put in state custody.
Emergency personnel who were called to the home about 5:30 a.m. Saturday found the girl dead.
Ham said Roden has been in jail since Saturday on what Ham described as an unrelated post-prison detainer. Roden is to be arraigned Wednesday. The charge could carry the death penalty.