King County Sheriff’s deputies late Wednesday were looking for two men who attacked a 15-year-old girl as she was walking along the Lake Wilderness Trail outside Maple Valley Wednesday evening.
The girl told deputies that she was approached by two men, who began calling her names, according to spokeswoman Cindi West.
The girl said when she tried to avoid them, they grabbed her, threw her to the ground and tried to remove her pants. She said one of the men stabbed her in the leg as she tried to get away.
The girl said she ran to a friend’s house in the 23900 block of Southeast 284th Street, where she called 911. She was being treated late Wednesday night at a clinic in Covington for non-life threatening stab wounds.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Rain will stick around this week in the Seattle area, with a chance for thunderstorms
The suspects are described as two white males in their late teens to early 20s. One was possibly wearing a dark hoodie and camouflage shorts.
Anyone with information may call the Sheriff’s office at 206-296-3311 or 911.