Weather: There’s a 50-percent chance of showers today and tonight. Highs today and tomorrow will be around 50. Snoqualmie and Stevens passes are getting their first taste of snow this season so motorists should expect traffic delays. The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: The Highway 520 floating bridge is closed for construction between Montlake Boulevard and Interstate 405 until noon tomorrow. Traffic map and cams.
TV for accused killer : Christopher Monfort, who is accused of killing Seattle Police Officer Timothy Brenton and wounding his rookie partner on Halloween night 2009, will become the first inmate at the King County Jail to have his own television set in his cell. Jail officials say the decision was made to combat Monfort’s severe isolation. But the Seattle Police Department and the officers’ union aren’t happy with the idea.
Candidates trade barbs: Congressional candidates Suzan DelBene and John Koster traded accusations during appearances Friday in two different television studios.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- COVID-19 surge forces health care rationing in parts of West
Duel in the desert: The Washington Huskies (3-3) kick off the second half of the season with a Saturday night game against Arizona that could be a swing game for the rest of the year. The Huskies need a win to avoid falling into a hole, especially with surprising Oregon State coming to town next week.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: