Weekend weather: Chance of showers today with a high near 44 degrees. Tomorrow, areas of fog before noon and after 10 p.m. with — wait for it — possible sun breaks during the day! We’re not excited or anything …
Police chase: A suspect driving a stolen box truck led police on an early morning chase up I-5 into South Seattle and then back down to Burien, KING 5 reports. The suspect was taken into custody after driving over spike strips. What we don’t understand yet is how the driver managed to pull off such a successful U-ey.
Touring Lake Union’s vintage vessels: If you’re looking for something to do today, we’d point you to the re-opening of the Museum of History & Industry (see list of events there today). Next to the museum is a fleet of boats boasting, collectively, more than 680 years of nautical experience. Visitors will be able to board some of the boats, including the Virginia V (right), which will take one-hour cruises on Lake Union today.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
I-5 construction closures: Crews will replace 31 expansion joints on I-5 over 20 weekends through April, closing different ramps on different dates. Closures usually occur from 10 p.m. Fridays to 5 a.m. Mondays.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com: