Marijuana for sale: The state Liquor Control Board has a year to set regulations for the first-of-its-kind marijuana market, which means delving intohow marijuana is grown, sold and used. That led one commenter on staff writer Jonathan Martin’s story on the Liquor Board’s mission to remark, “The black market could put a plan together in 24 hours.”
We’ve been looking for some good news this morning, but coming up rather short.The best we have is that it’s not raining. At least not in downtown Seattle at 9:30 a.m … of course that won’t last long. We’ll likely see rain or showers through next Wednesday…
And the bad news…
Man dies in roofing accident in Redmond: A man patching a roof on Ames Lake Road yesterdayslipped and fell 50 feet, hitting a concrete walkway below. He died at the scene. Another worker with him was injured. There was another construction accident in Redmond yesterday. Four men were injuredwhen formwork for a concrete pour collapsed, sending them to the hospital. Their injuries were apparently not life-threatening.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska
Man falls into storm drain, dies: A Fife man dropped his keys into a storm drain while taking out the garbage yesterday and when he pulled off the grate to fetch them, he fell in head-first, was injured and died on the way to the hospital. We hope to have more information on this truly sad story this morning.
The search for the Olympia man who apparently fell overboard while on a Caribbean cruise has been called off.
Head-on crash kills two:A 24-year-old man in a pickup was driving the wrong way on Route 395 south of Ritzville in Eastern Washington when he crashed head-on into a car driven by a 27-year-old man. Authorities don’t know yet if alcohol or drugs were involved.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- First showing of new arena design not exactly a slam-dunk
- Katt Williams a no-show at Seattle’s Paramount Theatre
- Bellevue rolls past Eastside Catholic, 35-3, for fifth-straight state title
- Marijuana legalization measure requires 40 staffers and a pot expert
- SunRay Kelley crafts his own enchanted forest in Sedro-Woolley
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com. On Twitter @NickProvenza1