Weather:Rain today and tomorrow. Highs both days around 55. There could be a sunbreak or two tomorrow, but don’t hold your breath.The National Weather Service forecast.
Traffic: Motorists can expect heavy traffic around Seattle’s CenturyLink Field with 55,000 expected to attend the Washington Huskies’ homecoming game againstOregon State: Kickoff is at 7:15 p.m. Metro Transit is providing game shuttles from park-and-ride lots in Eastgate, Federal Way and South Kirkland, as well asthe Northgate Transit Center. Traffic map and cams.
Mastros’ whereabouts unknown until recently: Fugitive couple Michael R. and Linda Mastro evaded law-enforcement officials until just a week or two beforetheir Wednesday arrest in France,the U.S. Marshal for Western Washington says.The arrests were made possible afterMichael Mastro had sought reimbursement from his U.S. insurance provider for medical care he received in France.
‘No-snitch’ street code: For months, JaeBrione Gary dodged participation in the prosecution of the alleged gang member who allegedly shot Gary in May. Police say the reluctance to participate in the criminal-justice system stems from a gang culture that abhors “snitches” and sees street justice as the preferred way to settle beefs.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
Dems to give back donations: Washington State Democrats have decided to return $70,000 in campaign donations from JZ Knight, the founder of the Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment, because she had made vulgar comments about Mexicans, Jews, gays and Catholics.
Most-read stories this morning on seattletimes.com: