The Associated Press
GREAT FALLS, Mont. — Ryan Leaf’s arraignment on charges that the former NFL quarterback broke into two homes in Montana and stole prescription drugs has been postponed.
Leaf has been jailed in the Cascade County Detention Center since his second arrest in three days on April 2.
He was scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning to enter a plea on two counts of burglary and two counts of criminal possession of a dangerous drug.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
But the Cascade County District Court’s clerk’s office says the appearance has been delayed. A new date has not been set.
Texas authorities also have issued arrest warrants for Leaf.
The Texas prosecutor who brokered a 10-year probationary sentence for Leaf two years ago on drug and burglary charges filed a motion to revoke Leaf’s probation last month.