A man who pressed his gun against a 1-year-old’s face during a robbery in Seattle’s Beacon Hill neighborhood on Monday is being sought by Seattle police detectives.
He approached a mother sitting in a car with her infant around 8:30 p.m. near Shaffer Avenue South and South Morgan Street, according to the Seattle Police Department.
The department’s online blotter says he first pointed a gun at the woman while demanding her wallet and purse. Then he pointed the gun at the 1-year-old’s face and threatened to kill both of them.
After the woman gave him a bag, which held diapers and baby formula, he fled.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
Anyone with information about the suspect or robbery can call Detective Tom Healy at 206-684-5535 or e-mail him at Thomas.Healy@seattle.gov.