NBCUniversal is in talks with Microsoft to buy its stake in MSNBC.com, according to AdWeek, which reports that the negotiations have progressed...
NBCUniversal is in talks with Microsoft to buy its stake in MSNBC.com, according to AdWeek, which reports that the negotiations have progressed to the point where NBC’s parent company, Comcast, is doing due diligence.
MSNBC and MSNBC.com are joint ventures between NBC and Microsoft. In 2005, AdWeek reports, NBC purchased the majority of Microsoft’s stake in MSNBC.
MSNBC.com, though, remained a joint venture.
Microsoft did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022