A Renton man accused of a fatal stabbing outside a Belltown nightclub last month pleaded not guilty this morning to second-degree murder.
Hever Zuniga-Guzman, 22, is accused of killing Faustino Cervantes, 21, following an argument outside of Tia Lou’s on First Avenue shortly before 2 a.m. Oct. 26. Zuniga-Guzman is being held in the King County Jail on $1 million bail.
A case-setting hearing for Zuniga-Guzman is scheduled for Nov. 29 at the King County Courthouse.
Cervantes’ homicide is the 25th in Seattle this year, two more than in all of 2011.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades