King County sheriff’s deputies are investigating the discovery of human remains on Vashon Island.
Sgt. Cindi West said that investigators believe the body discovered around 1 p.m. on Saturday are that of a 27-year-old woman last seen on Tuesday. The woman’s father reported her missing around 8:30 p.m. on Friday.
The body was found in the 16000 block of 109th Avenue Southwest, West said.
“There were no obvious signs of trauma. We don’t know how she got there,” West said. “The manner and cause [of death] are undetermined at this time.”
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Wild weather plus terrible Seattle drivers: Stay safe in fall's first big rainstorm
The woman’s identity has not been released.