A fire at Narrows Marina on Saturday destroyed a small boathouse at Aaron’s Marine Service and at least 30 boats inside, Tacoma Fire Department safety officer Allen Estes said.
No one was injured.
Estes said investigators may not be able to determine the cause of the fire, which caused about $4 million damage.
The Narrows Marina is at the end of South 19th Street in Tacoma, several miles from where the U.S. Open is being played at Chambers Bay in University Place. Smoke and flames were visible during the national broadcast of the tournament.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state trooper who died of COVID hadn't been vaccinated yet, family says
- What to know about Monday's COVID vaccine deadline in Washington state
- Washington physician assistant’s license suspended over COVID actions
- Five I-5 rest areas to close in Snohomish and Whatcom counties over trash, vandalism
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Oct. 16: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world