A fire at Narrows Marina on Saturday destroyed a small boathouse at Aaron’s Marine Service and at least 30 boats inside, Tacoma Fire Department safety officer Allen Estes said.
No one was injured.
Estes said investigators may not be able to determine the cause of the fire, which caused about $4 million damage.
The Narrows Marina is at the end of South 19th Street in Tacoma, several miles from where the U.S. Open is being played at Chambers Bay in University Place. Smoke and flames were visible during the national broadcast of the tournament.
Most Read Local Stories
- Here's where the Seattle marches will be during Friday's Global Climate Strike; drivers, take note
- 'The youth are watching': Global Climate Strike draws students, adult allies to Friday demonstrations in Seattle WATCH
- ‘I just bear-hugged her’: Washington woman finds her missing dog after 57-day search in Montana
- Traffic jam ahead: Seattle's Fairview Avenue bridge closes Monday for an 18-month rebuild VIEW
- Suspect in deadly Westlake Station shooting charged with premeditated murder