A fire at Narrows Marina on Saturday destroyed a small boathouse at Aaron’s Marine Service and at least 30 boats inside, Tacoma Fire Department safety officer Allen Estes said.
No one was injured.
Estes said investigators may not be able to determine the cause of the fire, which caused about $4 million damage.
The Narrows Marina is at the end of South 19th Street in Tacoma, several miles from where the U.S. Open is being played at Chambers Bay in University Place. Smoke and flames were visible during the national broadcast of the tournament.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle Schools demotes Cleveland principal after she told families district would limit contact tracing, attorney says
- Reduced summer hours at Seattle Golden Gardens, Alki Beach to curb 'dangerous' and 'illegal' behavior
- Sen. Murray draws 17 challengers in WA state primary as filing deadline closes
- Pedestrian critically injured in Seattle light-rail crash
- Parole canceled for man who killed 3 in Washington state bar