The man fell from a cliff into the water at Larrabee State Park, near Bellingham.
A Coast Guard crew rescued an injured hiker Saturday evening after the man fell from a cliff in Larrabee State Park near Bellingham.
The 30-year-old man landed in the water south of Chuckanut Bay after plunging nearly 40 feet.
Bellingham police called for Coast Guard assistance around 6:50 p.m., and two rescue boats were launched. The crews located the man near shore, and maneuvered close enough for him to climb aboard.
The Coast Guard crews provided first aid and took the man to shore, where amedical team was standing by. The man reportedly suffered a head injury.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’ | National politics
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta