Troopers pulled a Yakima man’s body from the vehicle found in a pond near an Interstate 5 offramp to South 320th Street.
Divers have pulled a Yakima man’s body from a car found submerged in a Federal Way retention pond near Interstate 5, according to State Patrol trooper Rick Johnson.
The rescue effort began early Wednesday after troopers were called to the pond near an I-5 southbound offramp to South 320th Street in Federal Way.
The man was declared dead at the scene.
Johnson said a witness reported seeing a car leave the roadway.
Most Read Local Stories
- Lewallen emerges as GOP alternative to Kent in rematch with Gluesenkamp Perez
- Iranian American lawmaker in WA says disinformation led to death threat
- Sunny, cool week to come, with 'minor disturbance' Monday
- WA minimum wage to increase to $16.28 an hour next year
- Lessons from George Floyd's death prepare WA court for police murder trial