The man, a passenger in the car that left the road near the Port of Tacoma, was 19 years old.
A 19-year-old man died after the car he was riding in struck a power pole on Interstate 5 near the Port of Tacoma off ramp early Saturday.
Elias J. Solis of Roslyn was killed when car crashed just before 12:30 a.m.
The driver, a 25-year-old from Tacoma, was heading north on I-5 when he tried to take the exit to the Port of Tacoma. He lost control of the car and hit a wooden utility pole, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Other passengers included two men, ages 26 and 25, both from Tacoma.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’ | National politics
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
The 26-year old was taken to Madigan Army Medical Center. The driver and 25-year-old were taken to Tacoma General Hospital.
All but the driver were wearing seatbelts.