President Obama arrived at Boeing’s Everett plant this morning for a tour and speech before heading to the Eastside for two campaign fundraisers.
The president was greeted at Paine Field by Gov. Chris Gregoire, King County Executive Dow Constantine, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson
Obama’s speech is expected to tout his administration’s plans to revive American manufacturing and exporting. Then he heads to $17,900-a-person fundraiser at a Medina home, and then a $1,000-a-person event at the Bellevue Westin.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive